Wednesday 25 June 2014

It's Wednesday, it's vroom, it's beautiful out!



You may wonder why I started in Burton...actually most of you guessed...forgot to start Strava. This was another great Wednesday with the lads. It started with Martin revealing to all that his favourite Spice Girl was Sporty Spice. We then got support from a lovely lady who said she'd followed us for years and thinks we're great. Bit of a busman's holiday for me, the lady clearly didn't know who we were and it was touch and go that she knew who she was herself. Nod and smile! I wish Andy (mention) was there to see it.

Only two disappointing bits to tonight's ride. It's hard work getting out of town on an evening ride and we rode down the horror road that joins Denford to Thrapston. Oh and Jonesy's bike! The squeak was so bad we couldn't hear cars coming up behind us. Sort it out Andy (mention.)

The group size and content was good. Mostly C&DCYCLES regulars but also nice to meet a newbie in David who is another inhabitant of Rothwell. Also good to hear that some of my blog readers are people I haven't ridden with yet. Plenty of banter, no incidents, pushing ourselves without risks and a beautiful summer evening.

Stuart, who I haven't ridden with for ages has clearly benefitted from a bike fit. In fact I don't know anyone who hasn't. The trend seems to be people have their saddle too high. I definitely need to book mine in at C&DCYCLES with Andy (mention.)

For me personally I'm continuing my experiments with cadence. No idea if it will make a difference in the long run it just feels like my legs are getting a good workout. Plenty of cups tonight so not too shabby!


No comments:

Post a Comment