Sunday 4 February 2018

More mud, less cramp, another great ride!



I need to bang this blog out quick, Italy v England in the 6 nations is on, I need to do the ironing and my good friend Malcolm is pestering me by text about all things rugby!


So four of us met up at C&D Cycles this morning for another off road mud fest. Our happy band was Andy Brown and his son Josh, Chris B and me! I'm not sure why numbers were down this week. Perhaps people were still shattered from the week before. I know my legs were questioning 'why are we doing this again?' as I made my ride into Kettering.

This Chris B out sprinting Josh on a hill...at least that's what this picture shows...

In his promotion of this ride Andy had stated that the mud wouldn't be as bad this week. Well at this stage Andy I was struggling to tell the difference. However it was a lot more fun to ride down the hill from Warkton Lane than it had been the week before with my legs cramping and the wheel coming off!

Slightly more made up than above...my clumsiness persists?

Andy took the picture

Only saddos take pictures of their bike

Erm...except MTB, pics of your MTB are cool...

The difference this week is that not long after these pictures were taken we were on the trails around Stanwick Lakes. It was nice to be on a firmer surface and we made good time dodging the dog walkers and the joggers. We popped out of those trails in the 'hell on earth,' that is Rushden Lakes. I think it's great that Northants has a decent shopping resource given that our towns are diabolical and Milton Keynes was getting all our money but...like Titanic and the X-Factor I plan to never see the thing properly!

Rushden Lakes Bridge, Like Sydney Harbour or The Golden Gate except it's in Rushden and a bit pants!

Boys will be boys

bumpity bumpity bump

Good skills

No Josh's were harmed during this ride

The bridge was a lot of fun. I avoided the step challenge on the grounds that I didn't want to explain a mishap to Mrs Lindsley. I'm months away from that sort of grace...further injuries may result in my bikes being melted down.

It was back to the roads for a bit after this. I thought we might go to Finedon but in fact we headed into Wellingborough and then across fields to Burton Latimer. It was all new to me so thanks to Andy for the route.

The mud wasn't done though as we headed back towards Cranford and then down a lane which took us back to my nemesis from last week. I was still the slowest by far but this week I made it back up that muddy hill and into Kettering on Warkton Lane.

After a brief piece of separation where Chris and I failed to follow Andy and Josh we all headed home. I did say to Chris that I would head home by the shortest route but I just couldn't resist the track from Glendon to Rushton. I was rewarded for my efforts with some low flying kites and the Llamas at Rushton.

Okay that's it this week.

Happy Pedalling

No comments:

Post a Comment